Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tiffany & Co. Bachelorette Party



I love party planning, sadly I rarely get the opportunity... but when I do I go a little crazy. This party was thrown for my best friend who is getting married June 28th! She is a classy girl, and I wanted a classy (and fun) party. As far as Bachelorette parties go we party on the tame side... no guys, no booze, no anatomy shaped cakes... just a nice affair. We had all the guests dress in their black dresses with pearls to really set the mood, hilarious games, and a photo booth rounded out the evening... oh and lots of fun gifts for the bride-to-be!


I used the cupcake stand from my wedding to display lingerie cupcakes and mini fruit pizzas (which by the way were delicious!!!). 



The menu was mostly small tapas. The menu consisted of: 
Pigs-in-a-blanket
Copycat Cheddar's spinach dip with blue corn tortilla chips
Cream cheese spread and bagel chips
"Fancy" jello
Lingerie cupcakes (see picture instructions below)





Everything was delish if I do say so myself. Especially good since it was transferred from Huntsville, AL to Cookeville, TN. Not an easy task. 




Decorations were the Bride & co. banner seen above, as well as bra and panty garland made out of scrap book paper! SOOO CUTE!!! My friend's future sis-in-law made most of the decor and it turned out so cute.
The panty wreath welcomed the bride to the party! Very cute and very easy to make. We did a small wreath and attached 12 pairs of panties to it. We could have gotten away with less, but I had already bought several things before I started assembly. The instructions just tied the panties to the wreath with ribbon, but for a cleaner look I used sowing pins to attach the panties and used the ribbon as decoration.
Panty wreath
 FAVORS 
Sugar scrub favors
I made a sugar scrub for the guests to take home. Something classy and different than anything I've ever taken home after a party ;) 

Hope you enjoyed what you see! For questions on how to pull off your own Tiffany inspired party, ask an expert... or message me ;) 
If you enjoy nails see my other posts, or follow me on InstagramPintrest

HOW TO MAKE lingerie cupcake toppers
You will need: 
White melting chocolate bark (I used almond bark)
Edible pearls
Parchment paper
Set up double boiler 
Storing container

First: Melt candy coating over double boiler... yes you can microwave but I don't always have success with white chocolate and the microwave. More often than not I end up with a lot of over-hard chocolate... no bueno for this project. 


Add the melted chocolate to a plastic baggie. LET COOL. Trust me this stuff is LAVA hot, and it is close to impossible to pipe when it's that hot. So while that is cooling...

Cut two pieces of parchment to fit a cookie sheet, on the first sketch out your design (in this case bras and panties), I made one of each on smaller parchment pieces and just traced.


Layer the parchment. Designed piece goes down first, then the plain piece.


Pipe. If the baggie is cool enough to handle and still melted, snip the end of the bag. You can now begin piping the designs. Try to have one fluid motion, in my case many of the bras looked a little "nipply," so I tried to smooth them out... but hey it is a Lingerie shower. 



A little pointy but still okay. 


Transfer your finished piped designs to the fridge or freezer, let cool till hard. This really only takes a few minutes.
While that is going Prepare your holding container, snip a few small pieces of parchment to fit the container. 


TAH-DAH


I dropped a few too many pearls on one.



Add to holding container until you are ready to top your cupcakes!! 

ENJOY!!! 





















1 comment:

  1. Wow! this can’t get any better. It is like a dream bachelorette party. I am definitely going to share this with my friends so that they take good care of how the party is supposed to be like. I am sure they have finalized one of the event halls for rent and now they need help for the decoration. This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete